Stories On Our Radar – August 6, 2020
Headlines influencing today’s markets
- Microsoft has its eye on acquiring TikTok not just in the US, but globally.
- US consumers may be spending less, but they are cutting down on debt.
- Negotiations in Congress are making slow but sure progress, and Trump expects to sign an unemployment benefit order in the next couple of days.
- Could approval of a vaccine actually upend markets?
- US job markets seem to be slowly recovering as initial claims fall to 1.2 million.
- CalPERS investment chief Ben Meng resigned after 18 months.
GET REAL VISION'S FREE DAILY BRIEFING DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY AFTER MARKETS CLOSE
Get the latest information as we analyze the next phase of our new global economy and discuss what we think is to come.