The Stories on Our Radar – September 9, 2020
Headlines influencing today’s markets
- U.S. stocks are on the up-and-up after their biggest decline in months.
- SoftBank is being called upon to reveal who is running the large U.S. equity options trades as shareholders are seeking answers on the “Nasdaq whale” bets.
- The U.S. Senate will be voting on a “skinny” version of a stimulus bill on Thursday in a time when the public eye and election pressure is on Congress.
- While Congress is negotiating on another stimulus bill, Amtrak CEO Bill Flynn is pleading with lawmakers to approve additional funding.
- LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the largest luxury goods conglomerate in the world, was set to buy Tiffany & Company at $16 billion, the largest ever transaction in the luxury retail sector—nine months later, the agreement has fallen apart in light of the uncertainty caused by the pandemic and the U.S. election.
GET REAL VISION'S FREE DAILY BRIEFING DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY AFTER MARKETS CLOSE
Get the latest information as we analyze the next phase of our new global economy and discuss what we think is to come.