The Stories on Our Radar – August 24, 2020
Headlines influencing today’s markets
- TikTok filed a lawsuit against the U.S. government in federal court, challenging President Trump’s executive order that says that if an American buyer does not assume U.S. operations, the app will be banned.
- U.S. big-box retailers have fared exceptionally well during the coronavirus pandemic, going toe-to-toe with retail giant Amazon.
- President Trump had announced expanded access for a COVID-19 treatment after the FDA had approved it: convalescent plasma.
- Layoffs in Europe are coming—as many as 59 million jobs in Europe are at risk of reduction of hours or pay, furloughs, and permanent layoffs.
- Lumber futures experienced some pullback today, but what contributed to its crazy rally in the first place?
GET REAL VISION'S FREE DAILY BRIEFING DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY AFTER MARKETS CLOSE
Get the latest information as we analyze the next phase of our new global economy and discuss what we think is to come.